Dermatological Services - Botox®
Relaxation of Facial Lines and Wrinkles
BOTOX® (Botulinum A Exotoxin), when used appropriately, is one of the safest and most effective treatments for relaxation of facial lines and wrinkles. When injected into certain facial muscles it relaxes these muscles, thus smoothing out the wrinkles. This relaxation typically lasts 3-6 months.
Fees are based on the amount of BOTOX® used (except for lips.) This is determined by the location of the wrinkles, strength of the muscles, and your previous results with BOTOX®. Average fees are:
- Creases between the eyebrows - $260 - $520
- Horizontal forehead lines - $160 - $260
- Crows feet - $260 - $400
- Brow lift - $50 - $185
- Uneven eyebrows can be made more symmetrical - $25 - $300
- Lips- a flat fee of $150 for 1 lip, $250 for both. Touch-ups- included for lips during 1st 6 weeks, as needed.
- TMJ- Botox can relieve pain and reduce jaw clenching and teeth grinding
- BOTOX® Treatment for Sweating - results last for up to one year. $990 for up to 100 units.
- Lower "face lift" - $390 - $520
- Dimpled chin - $65 - $130
- Corners of mouth - $80 - $130
- Vertical neck bands/cords - $260 - $700
- Touch-up fees for all other areas usually range from $60 - $130 per area.
BOTOX® Club – Purchase 100 units for $1100 (a $1500 value). May be used over multiple visits.
BOTOX® – Filler Package: 100 units of BOTOX® plus 3 syringes of JUVEDERM™ for $2600 (a $2950-$3100 value.) Can be used over multiple visits.
BOTOX® is often used in combination with JUVEDERM™ and Restylane which plump up lips, wrinkles and depressions, usually on the lower half of the face.
The most common side effects following injection include:
- Temporary eyelid droop, if it occurs, it typically resolves in 2-4 weeks. Localized pain, inflammation, tenderness, swelling, redness, and/or bleeding, bruising may be associated with the injection. A headache can sometimes occur due to the injection itself, not the BOTOX®. It may last for 2-3 hours, rarely for several days. Tylenol or Advil can be taken after your treatment if this occurs.
- Serious allergic reactions have been reported rarely. If you think you’re having an allergic reaction or other reactions, such as difficulty swallowing, speaking or breathing, call your doctor immediately.
BOTOX® Post-treatment Instructions
Avoid rubbing the area for 4 hours after your treatment.
Try to contract (move) the treated muscles as much as possible for 90 minutes after your treatment. This will increase the absorption of BOTOX® into your muscles.
BOTOX® results appear between 2-14 days after treatment. Until we know your "perfect" dose, more BOTOX® may be needed several weeks after treatment for optimal results. Wait 2 weeks before returning for a touch-up.